About the Course:
We Know what you're thinking!
'Why should I do a face-to-face course?'
Well apart from the great time you'll have meeting new friends and potentially living in a tropical location, a face-to-face course has some major advantages to any average online course which makes our certificate very desirable to potential employees.
Did you know?
Only 15% of people who get a TEFL certificate online actually use them to get a job in a foreign country?
Why? Because online courses don't prepare you for the working life of a teacher.
Let us explain why ours does.
The following areas/subjects are covered during your 4 weeks of TEFL / TESOL training at Destination TEFL / TESOL Bali:
Exclusive opportunity with Destination TEFL
· You will have the opportunity to conduct several full lessons (teacher practices). These are observed by a trainer, and detailed and constructive feedback is given to you after each lesson, to help you improve for your next lesson, and your career to follow. (You will get an opportunity to teach both young learners and adults). Our qualified trainers will assist you with the lesson planning process.
This is an invaluable experience and one that we find that our trainee teachers hold very highly to their level of success.
· An introduction to South East Asian culture - to help your transition into the local classroom and community.
· Teaching techniques - we provide you with models to teach beginners as well as advanced students, young learners and adults
· Teaching the four skills of language: speaking, listening, reading and writing
· Planning a course for special purposes (such as for a business)
· Grammar - brushing up yours as a teacher, and techniques to teach grammar
· Creating materials for lessons
· Lesson planning
· Suitable activities for the language classroom
· Discipline in the classroom
· Building rapport with your students, including warmers and coolers in the classroom.
· Classroom management, covering all aspects
· Teaching one-to-one, as well as larger classes
· Teaching vocabulary
· Understanding problems for Asian learners (understanding the differences between their language and English) as well as for other key languages, such as Spanish and Russian.
· Error correction techniques
· Preparing your CV/resumé, and tips for the interview process
· Teaching business English
· Teaching practices and assignments:
· Materials project: Here you will present the materials used for lessons, to the class.
· A journal entry assignment
· Various lesson planning and group work assignments
· Various tests and tasks over the 4-week course, covering grammar, punctuation and a few other aspects covered in class. We work with our teachers to adequately prepare them for these tests. All content of the tests is covered during the course.
There is no final examination that determines your pass grade. Your final course result is determined by the combined marks of the assignments above, as well as on your participation and teamwork in class, attendance and behaviour.
A grade of at least 70% is required in order to pass the course. More than 50% of this grade is made up of marks for teacher practices.
Trainees are awarded with either a 'pass', 'merit', 'high merit' or 'distinction' on their certificates. All graduates also receive a report, and those who obtain a merit or higher, are also presented with a personalised letter of reference.
- We have general age requirements of 20-55 however there is flexibility
- You will need at least 6 months left in your passport
- A clean and current police check
- If you are wanting to work in Indonesia/Thailand or Vietnam you will need to have a Bachelor's degree for your work visa.
- A positive and hard working attitude!